STAR Financial Credit Union Drive-Throughs Remain Open; Lobbies Closed Until Further Notice
Corpus Christi, Texas (March 13, 2020, 7 a.m.) — Beginning Monday, March 16, STAR Financial Credit Union will close all of our branch location lobbies, and continue to offer services to our members at drive-thru lanes only, to prioritize the health and safety of our employees and members during the current public health crisis. Additionally, STAR is following direction from all levels of government.
To see the drive-thru hours of all STAR locations, visit https://www.starcu.org/contact-us/hours-locations/. All of our STAR Financial Credit Union locations have drive-through ATMs and all of our Branch locations offer “Night deposit boxes” that accept deposits 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Members also can access cash through our network of local credit union shared, surcharge-free ATMs. For a list of our surcharge free ATM’s, please visit https://www.starcu.org/contact-us/hours-locations/atm-network/
Lobby services are restricted to scheduled Loan and account appointments, as well as, Safe Deposit Box access. Please call 361-242-7827 at least one hour prior to your planned arrival at our branch, to ensure appointment availability and to gain access to the branch. If you must visit an STAR Financial Credit Union location, we ask that you please use precautions as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and follow the directions of our STAR employees.
We strongly encourage our members to utilize STAR Financial Credit Union services that do not require visiting a location. This includes:
- Establishing secure access to your accounts on starcu.org or the STAR Financial Credit Union Mobile app, if you have not already done so. To set up your Online Banking account, use your computer or device and go to www.starcu.org and click “First-Time User.” Also, you can download the STAR Financial Credit Union Mobile App through the Google Play Store or the Apple Store App.
- Calling STAR Financial Credit Union’s Member Service Center at 361-242-7827 business hours. For more details, including hours of operation, visit https://www.starcu.org/contact-us/.
We continue to monitor developments and the extent of business closures enacted by various governments, and announcements will be made as conditions warrant. We are making our best efforts to mitigate risks to our employees and Members, while keeping our services available as an essential business. Members should check this page regularly for updates as the situation unfolds.
What You Can Do
If you are experiencing financial hardships due to COVID-19
If you are a STAR Financial Credit Union member facing financial difficulties because of the current public health crisis, we have several ways we may be able to help. Please contact a STAR Financial Credit Union Member Service Specialist at 361-242-7827 to discuss available options:
- Penalty-free Certificate withdrawal: Eligible members will be able to withdraw, without penalty, an amount equal to two months net pay.
- Waived late fees on payments for Consumer and Mortgage Loans: Please note, your late fees cannot be waived until they have been assessed at the 15-day mark.
- Skip-a-Pay on Consumer Loans: Members with a STAR Financial Credit Union Vehicle Loan or Personal Loan may be eligible for our Free Skip-A-Pay option through our Online Banking account or drive through. If you aren’t offered a Skip-A-Pay option, please call to discuss other payment arrangement options.
- Extensions on Mortgage Loans: Please contact us so that we may identify what options might be available for your unique situation.
We are encouraging all Members to access their accounts via Online Banking and the STAR Financial Credit Union Mobile App whenever possible. We’re asking all Members to ensure they have access to their accounts without having to visit a branch. If you need assistance accessing your STAR Financial Credit Union accounts online, call 361-242-7827 today and a Member Service Representative will help you.
Update Contact Information
Help us stay in touch with you at all times by updating your contact information in Online Banking:
- Select Profile Settings. Here, you can update your email address, phone number and mailing address, and let us know your preferred method of contact.
Be on Alert for Scams
We are asking all Members to be on alert for any suspicious emails, phone calls and text messages that may offer deals on medical supplies or health-related items, or fraudulent donation sites that may impersonate our company, charities, or government agencies. This is often called Phishing.
These criminals want you to divulge sensitive information, such as usernames and passwords, to make purchases or donations on spoof websites, or to download malware onto your device by opening a malicious attachment.
If you receive a suspicious email or text message, do not respond to the message, do not click on any links, and do not open any attachments — just delete the message. If you feel your account, username or password has been compromised, please contact STAR Financial Credit Union and ask to speak to Jerad at 361-242-7827 ext.228. You can also report scams to the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357), 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338), or online at www.ftc.gov.
Our leadership team will regularly evaluate business operations as the situation progresses, and Members can continually check our website or our Facebook presence for updates and other news regarding recent events. Many people are justifiably concerned about the financial system as the COVID-19 response has slowed economic activity. We want to reassure our members that STAR Financial Credit Union is a strong and growing financial institution.
*Skip-A-Pay is eligible only for qualified members. Not available for real estate related loans, business loans, lines of credit, and first time auto buyer loans. Terms and conditions subject to change without notice. By accepting this offer, you acknowledge that interest will continue to accrue on the outstanding balance of your loan, the maturity date will be extended and your regular payment will resume in the following month. We reserve the right to decline any request for any reason. Complete disclosures will be provided at your acceptance of Skip-A-Pay.